Those who tuned in for Kyle Lucas’ Booth-approved debut feature know that the up-and-comer’s anything but your average Southern emcee. Though the Marietta native clearly marches to the beat of his own drum machine, there are some things that simply transcend mainstream/alternative boundaries—groupie love, for example. On the first leak off his forthcoming street album, Lucas joins forces with a few fellow underground up-and-comers to remind ladies who’d like to get to know him a little better that he’s always up for a little action After the Show. NYC emcee/producer PreZZure does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards, delivering a upbeat, percussion-driven instrumental (sampled from The Fatback Band’s Dancin’ Girl) as well as a propulsive opening verse, and Georgia rapper Izrael jumps on board to spit some wordplay-rich bars on the back end. Those who like what they hear should keep an eye out for Lucas’ It’s Always Sunny In Marietta mixtape, which will follow the release of his group, Vonnegutt‘s Falling Up the Stairs LP,
Written by richard on 07/28/09
Submit your Rating
Purple Ribbon Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.