Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Justin Kirchhoff-directed Apollo video. Mobile users can scroll down.
Remember the, “hot little emo chick with gauged ears, tattoos on her wrists, dyed jet black hair,” who Kyle Lucas loved and lost (and loved, and lost, and so on ad infinitum) on Queen of Apologies, a record off HiPNoTT Records’ 2010 Takeover tape? While their tumultuous, on-again off-again relationship lasted longer than anyone could have expected, it seems she may have finally flown the coop for good. On Apollo, the newest single off Captain Midnite‘s forthcoming solo EP, the beatsmith’s elegiac rock arrangement sets a downbeat mood as the Vonnegutt frontman updates us on the situation in the wake of a particularly nasty fight, mourning, “My queen of apology mistook me for a pawn… I guess we just don’t get along.” Dysfunctional relationships die hard, though, so I have a feeling this might not be the last we hear of the woman in question. Either way, we can expect more freshness (including another Lucas collab, as well as records with OnCue and Slow Dance) on Midnite’s All This Will Fade EP, scheduled for digital release October 10. In the meantime, Midnite and Lucas’ full-length collaborative set, The Sky Is Falling and I’m Fine, is still available in the Booth for free streaming.
Written by richard on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Want It" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)