Breaking into choreographed dance routines on the baseball field, bragging about eating Cheetos in the studio—these aren’t the actions of a man who’s afraid to be himself. Introduced to our pages with December’s Silver Platter, KYLE continues to Keep It Real on the latest video single off his forthcoming studio debut. Flowing over Carnage‘s chopped samples, the Golden State emcee sets us straight on what he is (a self-made man, a chick magnet…) and what he ain’t (a Drizzy sound-alike, a weed rapper). Jakob Owens and Nolan Smith offer a cinematic depiction of KYLE’s typical day in their official visuals. Fan will be able to find Keep it Real and plenty more true-to-life bangers on freshman full-length Beautiful Loser, dropping digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 02/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Silver Platter" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.