Breaking into choreographed dance routines on the baseball field, bragging about eating Cheetos in the studio—these aren’t the actions of a man who’s afraid to be himself. Introduced to our pages with December’s Silver Platter, KYLE continues to Keep It Real on the latest video single off his forthcoming studio debut. Flowing over Carnage‘s chopped samples, the Golden State emcee sets us straight on what he is (a self-made man, a chick magnet…) and what he ain’t (a Drizzy sound-alike, a weed rapper). Jakob Owens and Nolan Smith offer a cinematic depiction of KYLE’s typical day in their official visuals. Fan will be able to find Keep it Real and plenty more true-to-life bangers on freshman full-length Beautiful Loser, dropping digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 02/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Silver Platter" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.