One lonely night, Ventura, California emcee KYLE had the bright idea to combine a packet of Fruit Snacks with a cup of Patron. Strange as it might sound, the resulting cocktail was so delicious that the rapper felt the need to tell the whole world about it on a new single. Featuring the emcee’s gleefully ig’nant lyricism over a glossy synth backdrop by Beni Haze, this carefree jam is reportedly “one of KYLE’s favorite songs he has made thus far.” Agree with his assessment? If so, you’ll be able to find Fruit Snacks, along with previous singles Keep It Real and Silver Platter, on the artist’s next LP, Beautiful Loser. The project as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view KYLE’s Jakob Owens and Nolan Smith-directed Fruit Snacks visual.
Written by richard on 04/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Silver Platter" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.