One lonely night, Ventura, California emcee KYLE had the bright idea to combine a packet of Fruit Snacks with a cup of Patron. Strange as it might sound, the resulting cocktail was so delicious that the rapper felt the need to tell the whole world about it on a new single. Featuring the emcee’s gleefully ig’nant lyricism over a glossy synth backdrop by Beni Haze, this carefree jam is reportedly “one of KYLE’s favorite songs he has made thus far.” Agree with his assessment? If so, you’ll be able to find Fruit Snacks, along with previous singles Keep It Real and Silver Platter, on the artist’s next LP, Beautiful Loser. The project as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view KYLE’s Jakob Owens and Nolan Smith-directed Fruit Snacks visual.
Written by richard on 04/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Silver Platter" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)