Kyle DenMead isn’t the type to sit back and watch as pop goes down the drain; on his MySpace, the Orlando-based singer/songwriter/beatsmith (he’s one-half of production team The Avengerz) pleads with listeners, “The radio these days is full of complete GARBAGE! Let’s save music from what it is becoming. PLEASE!
.” What does DenMead’s Radio Reform Plan entail? Judging by The Saddest Part latest single and Booth debut as an artist, it’s all about heartfelt emotion and lush, sweeping production. K.D.‘s breakup narrative is short on specifics, but the sentiments he expresses are universal, and his impassioned vocals will likely have listeners feeling his pain. As you’d expect, DenMead shines behind the boards, delivering a melancholy beat driven by delayed piano chords and densely-layered, reverb-drenched backing vocals. Kyle DenMead’s passion will doubtless win over Booth regulars, but does his sound have the mainstream appeal necessary to cause a revolution on the airwaves? If you think so, be sure and pick up a copy of his Change of Heart EP when it drops Jan. 5, 2010.
Written by richard on 10/5/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Looking in the Mirror" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.