Kyle DenMead isn’t the type to sit back and watch as pop goes down the drain; on his MySpace, the Orlando-based singer/songwriter/beatsmith (he’s one-half of production team The Avengerz) pleads with listeners, “The radio these days is full of complete GARBAGE! Let’s save music from what it is becoming. PLEASE!
.” What does DenMead’s Radio Reform Plan entail? Judging by The Saddest Part latest single and Booth debut as an artist, it’s all about heartfelt emotion and lush, sweeping production. K.D.‘s breakup narrative is short on specifics, but the sentiments he expresses are universal, and his impassioned vocals will likely have listeners feeling his pain. As you’d expect, DenMead shines behind the boards, delivering a melancholy beat driven by delayed piano chords and densely-layered, reverb-drenched backing vocals. Kyle DenMead’s passion will doubtless win over Booth regulars, but does his sound have the mainstream appeal necessary to cause a revolution on the airwaves? If you think so, be sure and pick up a copy of his Change of Heart EP when it drops Jan. 5, 2010.
Written by richard on 10/5/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Looking in the Mirror" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.