I’ve got good news and bad news, Booth readers. Bad news: Kyle DenMead still hasn’t gotten over that breakup from his first feature, The Saddest Part. Good news: Kyle DenMead still hasn’t gotten over that breakup – and he’s written another dope song about it! On his latest single, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Orlando-based singer/songwriter/producer lets the girl in question know just how big a mistake she made in walking out the door: “Leavin’ me is gonna end up drivin’ you Crazy.” Joining DenMead over the Avengerz member’s own atmospherically pop-appealing, synth-driven production is Floridian emcee Nino Blu (not to be confused with Nino Bless, Blu or some cross between the two), who echoes the headliner’s dismissive attitude in a verse addressed to his own ex (but acknowledges that the passion could be rekindled at any time). Kyle DenMead’s determination to usher in a new era of fresh, intelligent pop music clearly hasn’t faded since last we saw him; if you’re digging his left-of-center sound, you’ll most definitely want to grab a copy of his Change of HeART LP when it drops in July.
Written by richard on 06/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Saddest Part" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.