I’ve got good news and bad news, Booth readers. Bad news: Kyle DenMead still hasn’t gotten over that breakup from his first feature, The Saddest Part. Good news: Kyle DenMead still hasn’t gotten over that breakup – and he’s written another dope song about it! On his latest single, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Orlando-based singer/songwriter/producer lets the girl in question know just how big a mistake she made in walking out the door: “Leavin’ me is gonna end up drivin’ you Crazy.” Joining DenMead over the Avengerz member’s own atmospherically pop-appealing, synth-driven production is Floridian emcee Nino Blu (not to be confused with Nino Bless, Blu or some cross between the two), who echoes the headliner’s dismissive attitude in a verse addressed to his own ex (but acknowledges that the passion could be rekindled at any time). Kyle DenMead’s determination to usher in a new era of fresh, intelligent pop music clearly hasn’t faded since last we saw him; if you’re digging his left-of-center sound, you’ll most definitely want to grab a copy of his Change of HeART LP when it drops in July.
Written by richard on 06/21/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Saddest Part" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.