I’ve got good news and bad news, Booth readers. Bad news: Kyle DenMead still hasn’t gotten over that breakup from his first feature, The Saddest Part. Good news: Kyle DenMead still hasn’t gotten over that breakup – and he’s written another dope song about it! On his latest single, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Orlando-based singer/songwriter/producer lets the girl in question know just how big a mistake she made in walking out the door: “Leavin’ me is gonna end up drivin’ you Crazy.” Joining DenMead over the Avengerz member’s own atmospherically pop-appealing, synth-driven production is Floridian emcee Nino Blu (not to be confused with Nino Bless, Blu or some cross between the two), who echoes the headliner’s dismissive attitude in a verse addressed to his own ex (but acknowledges that the passion could be rekindled at any time). Kyle DenMead’s determination to usher in a new era of fresh, intelligent pop music clearly hasn’t faded since last we saw him; if you’re digging his left-of-center sound, you’ll most definitely want to grab a copy of his Change of HeART LP when it drops in July.
Written by richard on 06/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Saddest Part" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)