Born in Falmouth, Jamaica, Ky-Mani Marley is the only child of legendary icon, Bob Marley and table tennis champion Anita Belnavis. Fusing the authentic sounds of hip-hop and reggae, Ky-Mani looks to reach an audience that expands the depths of the urban culture. The first step in that direction is the single One Time, a contagious street ready cut that seems perfect for a few 2pac vocals. Synthesized harps and horns slowly bang as Ky-Mani clearly shows he is both hip-hop and reggae—as he chants the chorus and raps each verse. Ky-Mani’s third solo album, Radio, the first since signing with VOX Music Group will be due out in October.
Written by DJ Z on 07/20/07
Submit your Rating
VOX Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Back ft. Young Buck" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.