Born in Falmouth, Jamaica, Ky-Mani Marley is the only child of legendary icon, Bob Marley and table tennis champion Anita Belnavis. Fusing the authentic sounds of hip-hop and reggae, Ky-Mani looks to reach an audience that expands the depths of the urban culture. The first step in that direction is the single One Time, a contagious street ready cut that seems perfect for a few 2pac vocals. Synthesized harps and horns slowly bang as Ky-Mani clearly shows he is both hip-hop and reggae—as he chants the chorus and raps each verse. Ky-Mani’s third solo album, Radio, the first since signing with VOX Music Group will be due out in October.
Written by DJ Z on 07/20/07
Submit your Rating
VOX Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Back ft. Young Buck" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.