Born in Falmouth, Jamaica, Ky-Mani Marley is the only child of legendary icon, Bob Marley and table tennis champion Anita Belnavis. Fusing the authentic sounds of hip-hop and reggae, Ky-Mani looks to reach an audience that expands the depths of the urban culture. The first step in that direction is the single One Time, a contagious street ready cut that seems perfect for a few 2pac vocals. Synthesized harps and horns slowly bang as Ky-Mani clearly shows he is both hip-hop and reggae—as he chants the chorus and raps each verse. Ky-Mani’s third solo album, Radio, the first since signing with VOX Music Group will be due out in October.
Written by DJ Z on 07/20/07
Submit your Rating
VOX Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Back ft. Young Buck" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.