Born in Falmouth, Jamaica, Ky-Mani Marley is the only child of legendary icon, Bob Marley and table tennis champion Anita Belnavis. Fusing the authentic sounds of hip-hop and reggae, Ky-Mani looks to reach an audience that expands the depths of the urban culture. The first step in that direction is the single One Time, a contagious street ready cut that seems perfect for a few 2pac vocals. Synthesized harps and horns slowly bang as Ky-Mani clearly shows he is both hip-hop and reggae—as he chants the chorus and raps each verse. Ky-Mani’s third solo album, Radio, the first since signing with VOX Music Group will be due out in October.
Written by DJ Z on 07/20/07
VOX Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Back ft. Young Buck" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)