Born in Falmouth, Jamaica, Ky-Mani Marley is the only child of legendary icon, Bob Marley and table tennis champion Anita Belnavis. Fusing the authentic sounds of hip-hop and reggae, Ky-Mani looks to reach an audience that expands the depths of the urban culture. The first step in that direction is the single One Time, a contagious street ready cut that seems perfect for a few 2pac vocals. Synthesized harps and horns slowly bang as Ky-Mani clearly shows he is both hip-hop and reggae—as he chants the chorus and raps each verse. Ky-Mani’s third solo album, Radio, the first since signing with VOX Music Group will be due out in October.
Written by DJ Z on 07/20/07
Submit your Rating
VOX Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Back ft. Young Buck" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.