“It’s 5 AM, you’re sitting at the hotel, looking at your mermaid friend.” With the very first line of her debut DJBooth feature, Danish singer/songwriter Kwamie Liv shows us that she’s worlds away from your average pop buzzmaker. Here, Liv and co-producer Baby Duka‘s dirgelike electronic boardwork sets the mood as the artist uses her breathy, lightly-Autotuned coo to describe scenes straight out of a David Lynch flick. Chilly and cryptic the record may be, but it showcases a mastery of aural atmosphere that’s sure to earn Kwamie praise from forward-looking R&B-lovers. If it’s piqued your interest, stay tuned; it’s currently unknown whether 5 AM will find its way onto any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on the unsigned up-and-comer’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Follow You" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.