“It’s 5 AM, you’re sitting at the hotel, looking at your mermaid friend.” With the very first line of her debut DJBooth feature, Danish singer/songwriter Kwamie Liv shows us that she’s worlds away from your average pop buzzmaker. Here, Liv and co-producer Baby Duka‘s dirgelike electronic boardwork sets the mood as the artist uses her breathy, lightly-Autotuned coo to describe scenes straight out of a David Lynch flick. Chilly and cryptic the record may be, but it showcases a mastery of aural atmosphere that’s sure to earn Kwamie praise from forward-looking R&B-lovers. If it’s piqued your interest, stay tuned; it’s currently unknown whether 5 AM will find its way onto any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on the unsigned up-and-comer’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Follow You" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.