Today brings us a tale of growing up from the viewpoint of up-and-coming rapper Kwame Darko. On new release Post Grad Intro, the Maryland native gone New Yorker rhymes about watching all his friends graduate while he’s striving to graduate to hip-hip success. Darko’s bars pack a punch and his delivery really lets us feel his emotions; there’s no regrets when it comes to the lifestyle, but Kwame gives us insight as to what he’s missing. On the beat side, producer B. Dolla, given a recent co-sign by Swizz Beatz, provides Darko a soulful and moving instrumental to work with. If this has you anxious for more from Darko, keep an eye out for his Post Grad EP, due out early next year. And a special shout out to Nicky Chulo (of Eyebone) for the beautiful artwork.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 12/6/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.