Today brings us a tale of growing up from the viewpoint of up-and-coming rapper Kwame Darko. On new release Post Grad Intro, the Maryland native gone New Yorker rhymes about watching all his friends graduate while he’s striving to graduate to hip-hip success. Darko’s bars pack a punch and his delivery really lets us feel his emotions; there’s no regrets when it comes to the lifestyle, but Kwame gives us insight as to what he’s missing. On the beat side, producer B. Dolla, given a recent co-sign by Swizz Beatz, provides Darko a soulful and moving instrumental to work with. If this has you anxious for more from Darko, keep an eye out for his Post Grad EP, due out early next year. And a special shout out to Nicky Chulo (of Eyebone) for the beautiful artwork.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 12/6/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.