Today brings us a tale of growing up from the viewpoint of up-and-coming rapper Kwame Darko. On new release Post Grad Intro, the Maryland native gone New Yorker rhymes about watching all his friends graduate while he’s striving to graduate to hip-hip success. Darko’s bars pack a punch and his delivery really lets us feel his emotions; there’s no regrets when it comes to the lifestyle, but Kwame gives us insight as to what he’s missing. On the beat side, producer B. Dolla, given a recent co-sign by Swizz Beatz, provides Darko a soulful and moving instrumental to work with. If this has you anxious for more from Darko, keep an eye out for his Post Grad EP, due out early next year. And a special shout out to Nicky Chulo (of Eyebone) for the beautiful artwork.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 12/6/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.