Today brings us a tale of growing up from the viewpoint of up-and-coming rapper Kwame Darko. On new release Post Grad Intro, the Maryland native gone New Yorker rhymes about watching all his friends graduate while he’s striving to graduate to hip-hip success. Darko’s bars pack a punch and his delivery really lets us feel his emotions; there’s no regrets when it comes to the lifestyle, but Kwame gives us insight as to what he’s missing. On the beat side, producer B. Dolla, given a recent co-sign by Swizz Beatz, provides Darko a soulful and moving instrumental to work with. If this has you anxious for more from Darko, keep an eye out for his Post Grad EP, due out early next year. And a special shout out to Nicky Chulo (of Eyebone) for the beautiful artwork.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!