Is there anything more sublime and awe-inspiring than a dope Booth debut? I mean, OK, the Aurora Borealis, the Hagia Sophia and the Grand Canyon are stiff competition—but still, I dare you to listen to Kwame Darko‘s first feature and tell me it’s not a Beautiful Thing. Released along with visuals by director Kyle Guaghan, this freshly-released single sees the Maryland chronicling his hustle to build himself into a superstar rapper over a blissfully mellow beat by DJ Tech-Neek. Guest artist Juno Brown sets the cherry on top of this refreshing hip-hop sundae, lending her breezy vocal stylings to the record’s chorus. If this inspiring jam has whet your appetitte for more quality beats and rhymes, you’ll be able to find plenty more where Beautiful Thing came from on Darko’s Post Grad LP, scheduled for release in October.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.