Is there anything more sublime and awe-inspiring than a dope Booth debut? I mean, OK, the Aurora Borealis, the Hagia Sophia and the Grand Canyon are stiff competition—but still, I dare you to listen to Kwame Darko‘s first feature and tell me it’s not a Beautiful Thing. Released along with visuals by director Kyle Guaghan, this freshly-released single sees the Maryland chronicling his hustle to build himself into a superstar rapper over a blissfully mellow beat by DJ Tech-Neek. Guest artist Juno Brown sets the cherry on top of this refreshing hip-hop sundae, lending her breezy vocal stylings to the record’s chorus. If this inspiring jam has whet your appetitte for more quality beats and rhymes, you’ll be able to find plenty more where Beautiful Thing came from on Darko’s Post Grad LP, scheduled for release in October.
Written by richard on 08/29/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.