Is there anything more sublime and awe-inspiring than a dope Booth debut? I mean, OK, the Aurora Borealis, the Hagia Sophia and the Grand Canyon are stiff competition—but still, I dare you to listen to Kwame Darko‘s first feature and tell me it’s not a Beautiful Thing. Released along with visuals by director Kyle Guaghan, this freshly-released single sees the Maryland chronicling his hustle to build himself into a superstar rapper over a blissfully mellow beat by DJ Tech-Neek. Guest artist Juno Brown sets the cherry on top of this refreshing hip-hop sundae, lending her breezy vocal stylings to the record’s chorus. If this inspiring jam has whet your appetitte for more quality beats and rhymes, you’ll be able to find plenty more where Beautiful Thing came from on Darko’s Post Grad LP, scheduled for release in October.
Written by richard on 08/29/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.