Back in November, London-based R&B singer Kwabs made his grand entrance into the DJBooth with Last Stand, a smoky ballad that won positive reviews from readers on our pages. Given his silence going into the New Year, readers could be forgiven for wondering if that cut was destined to live up to its title. Fortunately, however, that’s not the case. Today, he’s back on our front page with Pray for Love, the lead single off his forthcoming EP of the same name. As on his debut feature, the up-and-coming crooner draws a poetic analogy between romance and war, but here the picture he paints is considerably more hopeful; though he and his partner are “a little bruised and battle-worn,” the powers that be ensured they made it through the melee alive. Plan B once again handles production duties, crafting a cinematic beat to accompany the artist’s distinctive, weathered vocals. Kwabs’ Pray for Love EP, the follow-up to this year’s Wrong or Right, is scheduled to drop May 6. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 03/19/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.