While it might seem counter-intuitive, Kwabs makes the first of (what is sure to be) many DJBooth appearances with Last Stand; his career, however, is just getting started. Born in Ghana and raised in London, Kwabs’ style is as exotic as his roots (at least to us Americans). Setting the stage on this unique ballad is SOHN, the producer who recently remixed the Angel Haze single Echelon (It’s My Way), who surrounds a slow, clapping beat with a few organ-like effects. The production, combined with Kwabs’ smoldering, powerful vocals creates a hauntingly beautiful, entrancing atmosphere that is darkly potent and yet oddly soothing. Last Stand, available soon for digital purchase, is slated to appear on the buzzmaker’s 2014-bound debut.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.