While it might seem counter-intuitive, Kwabs makes the first of (what is sure to be) many DJBooth appearances with Last Stand; his career, however, is just getting started. Born in Ghana and raised in London, Kwabs’ style is as exotic as his roots (at least to us Americans). Setting the stage on this unique ballad is SOHN, the producer who recently remixed the Angel Haze single Echelon (It’s My Way), who surrounds a slow, clapping beat with a few organ-like effects. The production, combined with Kwabs’ smoldering, powerful vocals creates a hauntingly beautiful, entrancing atmosphere that is darkly potent and yet oddly soothing. Last Stand, available soon for digital purchase, is slated to appear on the buzzmaker’s 2014-bound debut.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/3/13
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.