Strange Music emcee Kutt Calhoun may be buzzing lately, but don’t get it twisted: his freshness is by no means a recent phenomena. On the latest single off his senior set, the Kansas City stalwart takes the opportunity to remind listeners that he’s been murdering microphones for a hot minute now: “Ever since my first lines came out… I Been Dope.” Joining his signee over Michael “Seven” Summers’ street-ready boardwork, label boss Tech N9ne lends his furious flows to the final verse, and an unknown director ties the package together with some gritty official visuals. Craving more new music from this perennially dope Midwesterner? You’ll find what you seek on Black Gold, released February 26, and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 03/5/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.