Fresh off proving that he’s the Real Thing (not to mention, more than worthy of following in his legendary father’s footsteps) on his Booth debut, Kurtis Blow, Jr. returns with another fresh cut off his forthcoming mixtape. On Strings & Louis V., Riley Urick‘s understated sample work (complete, of course, with plenty of strings) sets the mood for high-rolling yet contemplative bars from the West Coast representer. For more, check out Blow’s DJ Rockstar-hosted Champagne Dreams & Purple Clouds street album, scheduled to drop this Tuesday, September 6.
Written by richard on 09/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Thing" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.