Fresh off proving that he’s the Real Thing (not to mention, more than worthy of following in his legendary father’s footsteps) on his Booth debut, Kurtis Blow, Jr. returns with another fresh cut off his forthcoming mixtape. On Strings & Louis V., Riley Urick‘s understated sample work (complete, of course, with plenty of strings) sets the mood for high-rolling yet contemplative bars from the West Coast representer. For more, check out Blow’s DJ Rockstar-hosted Champagne Dreams & Purple Clouds street album, scheduled to drop this Tuesday, September 6.
Written by richard on 09/5/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Thing" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)