Fresh off proving that he’s the Real Thing (not to mention, more than worthy of following in his legendary father’s footsteps) on his Booth debut, Kurtis Blow, Jr. returns with another fresh cut off his forthcoming mixtape. On Strings & Louis V., Riley Urick‘s understated sample work (complete, of course, with plenty of strings) sets the mood for high-rolling yet contemplative bars from the West Coast representer. For more, check out Blow’s DJ Rockstar-hosted Champagne Dreams & Purple Clouds street album, scheduled to drop this Tuesday, September 6.
Written by richard on 09/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Thing" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.