Fresh off proving that he’s the Real Thing (not to mention, more than worthy of following in his legendary father’s footsteps) on his Booth debut, Kurtis Blow, Jr. returns with another fresh cut off his forthcoming mixtape. On Strings & Louis V., Riley Urick‘s understated sample work (complete, of course, with plenty of strings) sets the mood for high-rolling yet contemplative bars from the West Coast representer. For more, check out Blow’s DJ Rockstar-hosted Champagne Dreams & Purple Clouds street album, scheduled to drop this Tuesday, September 6.
Written by richard on 09/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Thing" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)