Trying to make your own name as a rapper is pretty tough when you are the son of a Hip-Hop legend, just ask JoJo and Diggy. However, Kurtis Blow Jr. knows he has the talent, and is ready to embrace all the comparisons and negativity that people have to throw at him. Off his Californacation Mixtape, coming out sometime in September, new leak Real Thing serves as both a world premiere, and as his first Booth feature. With a little help from mega hit producer Boi-1da, who has worked with everyone from Eminem to Lil Wayne, Blow Jr. gets to start his Booth career over some nice, soulful sampled production that any rapper would love to put their flow over. Lyrically, Kurtis, like his father, knows how to be assertive without being vulgar and spits some hard punchlines, but in a clean cut kind of way. Already on his fourth mixtape, Jr. is a rising young gun in the game and will likely become a regular presence on our pages for years to come. I guess the mic doesn’t fall too far from the…um…mic stand, huh?
Written by JRTheWriter on 08/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Strings & Louis V" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.