Previously featured as part of veteran crew D12, Motown rhymesayer Kuniva makes his first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with a new promo single that I can only describe as… Michiganish. In addition to the headliner’s own aggressive bars, this joint boasts bruising guest 16s from three of the Great Lakes State’s finest underground spitters: Jon Connor (newly signed to Aftermath), Boldy James (fresh off the release of debut album My 1st Chemistry Set) and Guilty Simpson (who just linked up with Small Professor to drop Highway Robbery) each unload their most potent lyrical ammunition over the headliner’s grimy street boardwork. Which of these Michigan mic-murderers turned in the strongest verse? As always, I’ll let Booth readers lay down the final verdict. Kuniva doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/1/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.