The only fight worth fighting is The Good Fight, and if that’s true, than Krystale and Kaytradamus are fighters of the first degree. For their first DJBooth feature the international duo rely on an instrumental from group producer Kaytradamus that puts a twist on jazz standards, lightly distorting a piano line and adding clipped percussion. It’s a template that Krystale follows perfectly, delivering passionately understated lyrics that speak deeply to the pain of a relationship caught in a cycle of conflict. It’s hard to use a phrase like “breath of fresh air” without sounding cliche, but that’s exactly what The Good Fight is. Frankly, I suggest you take a couple more breaths and then pick up Krystale & Kaytradamus’ The Good Fight EP, available now on iTunes.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.