The only fight worth fighting is The Good Fight, and if that’s true, than Krystale and Kaytradamus are fighters of the first degree. For their first DJBooth feature the international duo rely on an instrumental from group producer Kaytradamus that puts a twist on jazz standards, lightly distorting a piano line and adding clipped percussion. It’s a template that Krystale follows perfectly, delivering passionately understated lyrics that speak deeply to the pain of a relationship caught in a cycle of conflict. It’s hard to use a phrase like “breath of fresh air” without sounding cliche, but that’s exactly what The Good Fight is. Frankly, I suggest you take a couple more breaths and then pick up Krystale & Kaytradamus’ The Good Fight EP, available now on iTunes.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.