I know what you’re thinking. I thought the exact same thing. Isn’t MIMS joining the legendary KRS-One and the semi-legendary Redman on a track called How to Be an MC 2010 kind of like Tony Romo joining Tom Brady and Drew Brees on a track called How to Win a Super Bowl? Ok, maybe that wasn’t exactly what you were thinking, but I bet we’re in the same ballpark. Well, I’m here to apologize for my pessimism. While KRS predictably slaughters a verse over the blasting beat, courtesy of Cinemax, and Redman follows in his footsteps with a dopely blunted flow, MIMS at the very least manages to put in a respectable performance in the wake of such rhyme luminaries. Agree? Think I’m hating? How to Be an MC 2010 isn’t officially part of any project, but MIMS is reportedly considering putting it on his next independent album. Whether he does or not will undoubtedly be influenced by your feedback, so have at it.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/10/10
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The DJ ft. KRS-One" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.