I know what you’re thinking. I thought the exact same thing. Isn’t MIMS joining the legendary KRS-One and the semi-legendary Redman on a track called How to Be an MC 2010 kind of like Tony Romo joining Tom Brady and Drew Brees on a track called How to Win a Super Bowl? Ok, maybe that wasn’t exactly what you were thinking, but I bet we’re in the same ballpark. Well, I’m here to apologize for my pessimism. While KRS predictably slaughters a verse over the blasting beat, courtesy of Cinemax, and Redman follows in his footsteps with a dopely blunted flow, MIMS at the very least manages to put in a respectable performance in the wake of such rhyme luminaries. Agree? Think I’m hating? How to Be an MC 2010 isn’t officially part of any project, but MIMS is reportedly considering putting it on his next independent album. Whether he does or not will undoubtedly be influenced by your feedback, so have at it.
Duck Down Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The DJ ft. KRS-One" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.