I know what you’re thinking. I thought the exact same thing. Isn’t MIMS joining the legendary KRS-One and the semi-legendary Redman on a track called How to Be an MC 2010 kind of like Tony Romo joining Tom Brady and Drew Brees on a track called How to Win a Super Bowl? Ok, maybe that wasn’t exactly what you were thinking, but I bet we’re in the same ballpark. Well, I’m here to apologize for my pessimism. While KRS predictably slaughters a verse over the blasting beat, courtesy of Cinemax, and Redman follows in his footsteps with a dopely blunted flow, MIMS at the very least manages to put in a respectable performance in the wake of such rhyme luminaries. Agree? Think I’m hating? How to Be an MC 2010 isn’t officially part of any project, but MIMS is reportedly considering putting it on his next independent album. Whether he does or not will undoubtedly be influenced by your feedback, so have at it.
Duck Down Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The DJ ft. KRS-One" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!