I know what you’re thinking. I thought the exact same thing. Isn’t MIMS joining the legendary KRS-One and the semi-legendary Redman on a track called How to Be an MC 2010 kind of like Tony Romo joining Tom Brady and Drew Brees on a track called How to Win a Super Bowl? Ok, maybe that wasn’t exactly what you were thinking, but I bet we’re in the same ballpark. Well, I’m here to apologize for my pessimism. While KRS predictably slaughters a verse over the blasting beat, courtesy of Cinemax, and Redman follows in his footsteps with a dopely blunted flow, MIMS at the very least manages to put in a respectable performance in the wake of such rhyme luminaries. Agree? Think I’m hating? How to Be an MC 2010 isn’t officially part of any project, but MIMS is reportedly considering putting it on his next independent album. Whether he does or not will undoubtedly be influenced by your feedback, so have at it.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/10/10
Duck Down Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The DJ ft. KRS-One" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.