As two emcees who played integral roles in hip-hop’s Past, are still going strong in the Present, and seem destined to remain in the game for the foreseeable Future, KRS-One & Buckshot know just about all there is to know about carving out an enduring artistic niche, and, with the Sept.15th release of their Survival Skills LP, they’ll share that hard-won knowledge with heads everywhere. On this album cut (not slated for selection as an official single), the vets link up with two current buzzmakers whose futures couldn’t look brighter; between Buck’s opening bars and KRS’ intense closer, Chicago Picasso emcee Naledge jumps on board to spit a lame-baiting guest verse over 9th Wonder‘s lush funk-soul boardwork. Topped off with the smooth hook vocals of rising soul star Melanie Fiona, this track is more than just a collab—it’s a constellation. Interested in seeing these seasoned vets rock the mic live? DJBooth.net has teamed up with Duck Down Records to give away two free tickets to KRS & Buck’s Sept. 16th Survival Skills release show. Click here to learn how to enter!
Written by richard on 09/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.