Those familiar with Strange Music expect dark, heavy-hitting tunes, which has come to be the trademark of Tech N9ne’s successful indie label. Emcee Krizz Kaliko, however, has cooked up a dish with a distinctly different flavor on brand new video single Gumbo. Producer Michael “Seven” Summers stirs up a marching band inspired beat, which sets the stage for an impressive vocal performance from Kaliko. Not only does the Kansas City, Missouri native impress with his fast paced flow, but he also delivers a powerful hook as he sings about a special lady he met at church. Joining Kaliko is guest emcee Oobergeek, whose own blend of hip-hop spices blends well with the distinct taste of Krizz’ soulful vocals. If you want seconds then be sure to check out Kaliko’s Neh’Mind EP, which will be available tomorrow.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.