What does it take to get your mixtape nominated for a Best of the Booth Award? Not only does it have to be dope, it has to be so dope people are still begging for remixes eight months after it’s released. And that’s exactly why Big K.R.I.T.’s K.R.I.T. Wuz Here is in contention for a coveted BOTB Award. Although the original dropped way back in April, mixtape standout Moon & Stars is just now getting the remix treatment. Joining Mr. Krit over the self-produced, superbly mellow beat are consummate smoker Curren$y, who fills his 16 with THC-soaked rhymes (surprise), and Killa Kyleon, who returns from an extended DJBooth hiatus (his last appearance was ‘07’s Swagger) to give the record a change of pace with a tightly wound guest verse of his own. Do I even have to ask? I do? Very well then – which is doper, the original or the remix? We’ll find out soon in the comments below. And if you’re really feeling this one, be sure to vote for K.R.I.T. to win a BOTB and pick up a copy of the originally DJBooth-hosted K.R.I.T. Wuz Here, available for purchase soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/15/10
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.