Big K.R.I.T. has been one of the most consistent up and coming artists around, and with his new gem, Can’t Be All, he doesn’t show signs of slowing down. Off the Jonny Shipes Presents: GoodTalk Vol. 9 mixtape, dropping December 6, K.R.I.T. sticks to his southern roots as he raps over the classic Jazzy Belle, produced by Organized Noise and originally penned by Outkast. Unlike most mainstream hip-hop today, lyrically K.R.I.T delivers a serious message and leaves the trendy dances for the rest. Reminding us why hip-hop can be so powerful, K.R.I.T. speaks about African American culture in today’s society, and how oppression and modern day slavery still exist, even if our eyes don’t see it. Minimum wage and racism are just a few of the topics that the Meridian, Mississippi native voices his opinion on in his trademark mid-tempo flow, resulting in a dope freestyle that many people will be able to relate to and respect. The Freestyle Series alumnus is definitely showing why he is one of the most watched artists rising from the south…or anywhere for that matter.
Written by JRTheWriter on 12/2/10
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.