Big K.R.I.T. has been one of the most consistent up and coming artists around, and with his new gem, Can’t Be All, he doesn’t show signs of slowing down. Off the Jonny Shipes Presents: GoodTalk Vol. 9 mixtape, dropping December 6, K.R.I.T. sticks to his southern roots as he raps over the classic Jazzy Belle, produced by Organized Noise and originally penned by Outkast. Unlike most mainstream hip-hop today, lyrically K.R.I.T delivers a serious message and leaves the trendy dances for the rest. Reminding us why hip-hop can be so powerful, K.R.I.T. speaks about African American culture in today’s society, and how oppression and modern day slavery still exist, even if our eyes don’t see it. Minimum wage and racism are just a few of the topics that the Meridian, Mississippi native voices his opinion on in his trademark mid-tempo flow, resulting in a dope freestyle that many people will be able to relate to and respect. The Freestyle Series alumnus is definitely showing why he is one of the most watched artists rising from the south…or anywhere for that matter.
Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2000 & Beyond" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.