Chalk it up to Mercury’s Retrograde or simple boredom, but Booth newcomer Kristie McCracken‘s been feeling a little restless in her current relationship, where her man isn’t giving her the space she needs to grow. On this newly-released single, the Vancouver soul songstress struggles to explain the the reasons behind her sudden departure, and soulfully outlines the incompatibilities in their respective outlooks on love. Over Dr. Watson‘s resonant keys and acoustic guitar picking, she explains: “If I would have settled down with you, I’d be longing for more. / So the tighter you grip the more I’ll be slipping away from you.” Craving more from this talented vocalist? You’ll find what you seek on her latest EP, For Brothers and Lovers, released independently earlier this month.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.