Chalk it up to Mercury’s Retrograde or simple boredom, but Booth newcomer Kristie McCracken‘s been feeling a little restless in her current relationship, where her man isn’t giving her the space she needs to grow. On this newly-released single, the Vancouver soul songstress struggles to explain the the reasons behind her sudden departure, and soulfully outlines the incompatibilities in their respective outlooks on love. Over Dr. Watson‘s resonant keys and acoustic guitar picking, she explains: “If I would have settled down with you, I’d be longing for more. / So the tighter you grip the more I’ll be slipping away from you.” Craving more from this talented vocalist? You’ll find what you seek on her latest EP, For Brothers and Lovers, released independently earlier this month.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)