Chalk it up to Mercury’s Retrograde or simple boredom, but Booth newcomer Kristie McCracken‘s been feeling a little restless in her current relationship, where her man isn’t giving her the space she needs to grow. On this newly-released single, the Vancouver soul songstress struggles to explain the the reasons behind her sudden departure, and soulfully outlines the incompatibilities in their respective outlooks on love. Over Dr. Watson‘s resonant keys and acoustic guitar picking, she explains: “If I would have settled down with you, I’d be longing for more. / So the tighter you grip the more I’ll be slipping away from you.” Craving more from this talented vocalist? You’ll find what you seek on her latest EP, For Brothers and Lovers, released independently earlier this month.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.