There are heavy tracks that drop every half hour on the net, and then there are tracks like Ready to Die. On his sophomore feature at the Booth, Kris Kasanova brings a new persona to the table, this time tapping into a somber world where getting weighed down by life is an easy task (“One life to live don’t waste it, I can hear the music time to face it”). Clyde & Harry heighten the vibe with a production that is reminiscent of emotional 808’s boardwork, which catches the tone of this piece perfectly. While Kasanova’s Caviar Dreams was met with mixed reviews, listeners should take note of Ready to Die and hit the ground running. An album with a title like War Paint has some pretty heavy promises implied right from the get-go, and from what I’ve heard so far it will not disappoint. Be on the lookout for the forthcoming LP (there no release date as of yet) and keep it locked to the Booth for details.
Written by Sigurd on 03/27/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.