There are heavy tracks that drop every half hour on the net, and then there are tracks like Ready to Die. On his sophomore feature at the Booth, Kris Kasanova brings a new persona to the table, this time tapping into a somber world where getting weighed down by life is an easy task (“One life to live don’t waste it, I can hear the music time to face it”). Clyde & Harry heighten the vibe with a production that is reminiscent of emotional 808’s boardwork, which catches the tone of this piece perfectly. While Kasanova’s Caviar Dreams was met with mixed reviews, listeners should take note of Ready to Die and hit the ground running. An album with a title like War Paint has some pretty heavy promises implied right from the get-go, and from what I’ve heard so far it will not disappoint. Be on the lookout for the forthcoming LP (there no release date as of yet) and keep it locked to the Booth for details.
Written by Sigurd on 03/27/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.