There are heavy tracks that drop every half hour on the net, and then there are tracks like Ready to Die. On his sophomore feature at the Booth, Kris Kasanova brings a new persona to the table, this time tapping into a somber world where getting weighed down by life is an easy task (“One life to live don’t waste it, I can hear the music time to face it”). Clyde & Harry heighten the vibe with a production that is reminiscent of emotional 808’s boardwork, which catches the tone of this piece perfectly. While Kasanova’s Caviar Dreams was met with mixed reviews, listeners should take note of Ready to Die and hit the ground running. An album with a title like War Paint has some pretty heavy promises implied right from the get-go, and from what I’ve heard so far it will not disappoint. Be on the lookout for the forthcoming LP (there no release date as of yet) and keep it locked to the Booth for details.
Written by Sigurd on 03/27/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.