There are heavy tracks that drop every half hour on the net, and then there are tracks like Ready to Die. On his sophomore feature at the Booth, Kris Kasanova brings a new persona to the table, this time tapping into a somber world where getting weighed down by life is an easy task (“One life to live don’t waste it, I can hear the music time to face it”). Clyde & Harry heighten the vibe with a production that is reminiscent of emotional 808’s boardwork, which catches the tone of this piece perfectly. While Kasanova’s Caviar Dreams was met with mixed reviews, listeners should take note of Ready to Die and hit the ground running. An album with a title like War Paint has some pretty heavy promises implied right from the get-go, and from what I’ve heard so far it will not disappoint. Be on the lookout for the forthcoming LP (there no release date as of yet) and keep it locked to the Booth for details.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.