An ounce or two of black caviar – the good stuff – and a bottle of fine champagne can easily run you several hundred bucks. Pretty steep; but for some, the prospect of a priceless romantic evening far outweighs the loss of a few c-notes. An appreciator of life’s finer things (and of the effect that said finer things can have no the ladies), Booth newcomer Kris Kasanova shares his Caviar Dreams on the latest single off his forthcoming full-length. The classy, piano-led boardwork of Ibe (who also contributes vocals to the hook) sets the stage for verses that are… well, pretty much exactly what you’d expect from a dude who takes his surname from one of history’s most renowned libertines. In a pleasantly laid-back flow, the Brooklynite playfully needles his girl, asking whether she’s into him or his luxurious lifestyle. At the end of the day, of course, it hardly makes difference – as he tells the shawty in question, “You ain’t gonna be Mrs. Me, but you can keep kissin’ me…” Intrigued by this upscale banger? You can find plenty more where this came from on Kris Kasanova’s The Long Way Home LP, scheduled to hit stores November 30.
Written by richard on 11/21/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.