Forget “The Windy City”—with spitters as talented as Kris Bills and his homies representing it, Chicago should be referred to as the “City of Win.” On his first Booth feature and latest single, Rob Bates sets an appropriately victorious mood on the production tip, blending screaming electric-guitar riffs with synth-strings and bumping percussion as the headliner trades exultant verses with esteemed colleagues and fellow Chicagoans Sir Michael Rocks (of The Cool Kids) and Naledge (of Kidz in the Hall). Digging it? Plenty more awaits on Kris BIlls’ The Conquest LP, set to drop November 30.
Written by richard on 10/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Awh! (Samurai Sh*t)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.