It’s been nearly a year since Windy City spitter Kris Bills last graced our pages, but the emcee is back and he’s on his Awh! (Samurai Sh*t), so you may want to steer clear. From his samurai skills that is, not the music. Serving as Bills’ second DJBooth feature, Awh! (Samurai Sh*t) is littered with social commentary from the Chicago emcee who raps, “Black man with a book, America’s nightmare/ Martin King’s dream is some jeans and Nike Airs.” The record is backed by production from fellow Midwesterner Sid Sound, who blends grim keys with a hefty dose of bass for a unique audio backdrop. Awh! (Samurai Sh*t) will be featured on Bills’ Conquest EP, which is due out on October 22.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/26/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.