It’s been nearly a year since Windy City spitter Kris Bills last graced our pages, but the emcee is back and he’s on his Awh! (Samurai Sh*t), so you may want to steer clear. From his samurai skills that is, not the music. Serving as Bills’ second DJBooth feature, Awh! (Samurai Sh*t) is littered with social commentary from the Chicago emcee who raps, “Black man with a book, America’s nightmare/ Martin King’s dream is some jeans and Nike Airs.” The record is backed by production from fellow Midwesterner Sid Sound, who blends grim keys with a hefty dose of bass for a unique audio backdrop. Awh! (Samurai Sh*t) will be featured on Bills’ Conquest EP, which is due out on October 22.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/26/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)