When Kreesha Turner sees something she likes, she doesn’t ask politely. First she says, “Gimmie’ Dat” and, if that doesn’t work, she reaches out and takes it. Introduced to The DJBooth by house favorite Novel, the Juno-nominated urban-pop artist demonstrates her assertive approach to life on her latest single and debut DJBooth feature. Over Young Yonny‘s quirky, vocal-sampled production, the artist showcases her dancehall-informed vocal style as she spits bold and direct game to a man who’s caught her eye. Gimmie’ Dat is the lead single off Turner’s forthcoming junior set, Evolution Inevitable. Watch for the project to hit record stores and online retailers this fall via Universal Canada.
Written by richard on 04/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.