When Kreesha Turner sees something she likes, she doesn’t ask politely. First she says, “Gimmie’ Dat” and, if that doesn’t work, she reaches out and takes it. Introduced to The DJBooth by house favorite Novel, the Juno-nominated urban-pop artist demonstrates her assertive approach to life on her latest single and debut DJBooth feature. Over Young Yonny‘s quirky, vocal-sampled production, the artist showcases her dancehall-informed vocal style as she spits bold and direct game to a man who’s caught her eye. Gimmie’ Dat is the lead single off Turner’s forthcoming junior set, Evolution Inevitable. Watch for the project to hit record stores and online retailers this fall via Universal Canada.
Written by richard on 04/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.