When Kreesha Turner sees something she likes, she doesn’t ask politely. First she says, “Gimmie’ Dat” and, if that doesn’t work, she reaches out and takes it. Introduced to The DJBooth by house favorite Novel, the Juno-nominated urban-pop artist demonstrates her assertive approach to life on her latest single and debut DJBooth feature. Over Young Yonny‘s quirky, vocal-sampled production, the artist showcases her dancehall-informed vocal style as she spits bold and direct game to a man who’s caught her eye. Gimmie’ Dat is the lead single off Turner’s forthcoming junior set, Evolution Inevitable. Watch for the project to hit record stores and online retailers this fall via Universal Canada.
Written by richard on 04/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.