When Kreesha Turner sees something she likes, she doesn’t ask politely. First she says, “Gimmie’ Dat” and, if that doesn’t work, she reaches out and takes it. Introduced to The DJBooth by house favorite Novel, the Juno-nominated urban-pop artist demonstrates her assertive approach to life on her latest single and debut DJBooth feature. Over Young Yonny‘s quirky, vocal-sampled production, the artist showcases her dancehall-informed vocal style as she spits bold and direct game to a man who’s caught her eye. Gimmie’ Dat is the lead single off Turner’s forthcoming junior set, Evolution Inevitable. Watch for the project to hit record stores and online retailers this fall via Universal Canada.
Written by richard on 04/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.