Oakland rapper Kreayshawn may have quickly rose to fame following the huge success of her single Gucci Gucci, but the Columbia recording artist’s latest, Like It Or Love It, serves as the first feature on our pages. The rapstress pulls out all the stops on Like It Or Love It, recruiting both G.O.O.D Music artist Kid Cudi and famed American DJ and producer Diplo. Setting the quirky tone for the record, Kreayshawn informs us, “I got gold bananas engraved with my grandmother’s title signature. What you got?” Though Diplo may be known for his dubstep and electro mixes, his production on Like It or Love It is invitingly ominous and serves as a perfect setup for Cudi and Kreay’s grim hook. Whether you Like It or Love It you can find the West Coast pop-rapper’s latest effort on her debut album, Something Bout Kreay, which will be released on Tuesday, September 18.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.