If you have bad allergies like me, then you might be a little hesitant to press play on Dust, the first Booth feature from KRBL Rebel Radio. But I can assure you that, if you took your allergy medicine, you will be fine, because this promo single is nothing to sneeze at (unless your allergies happen to include authentic hip-hop). KRBL Rebel Radio, made up of Nieve (featured before with California), Noah King, and A-Dub (not featured on Dust), stay true to the record’s title, choosing a dusty, jazzy instrumental by Soulchef as their foundation. Over the sampled beat, King and Nieve blow off a little steam, addressing everything from the school system’s flaws to their issues with the rap game of today. While they might be angry, the emcees’ passionate flows sound right at home over the smooth production. If Dust has piqued your interest, more new music can be found on KRBL Rebel Radio’s self-titled album, which was released earlier this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/28/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.