Like many of the best rappers in the game, new emcee Kovas hails from Brooklyn. But before you group him with any other artist, first take note of his unique sound. Taking cues from hip-hop, soul, and rock, he has created a new, hip-shaking number. The self-produced song incorporates elements from his Latin-African heritage, including an Arabic-sounding violin that decorates the wavy synth beat. Kovas spits nimbly about being so fly that he has to Wax On, Wax Off, a phrase made famous by Mr. Miyagi in Karate Kid, but used here to define the swag of his custom clothes and rides. The song has proven to be a hot commodity, as it is featured on both Kovas’ new EP, Reagan Babies, and the soundtrack for Madden NFL ’09.
Listen to More: Kovas
Written by Carly on 09/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go That Route" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.