Last we heard from Kovas, the Brooklyn native (and exclusive freestyle series contributor) was more concerned with maintaining his freshness level than fighting the power, but a lot can change in 11 months; as implied by the title of his forthcoming mixtape, the artist’s currently getting Ready to lead the hip-hop masses in a full-blown Revolution. The staging ground for Kovas’ musical coup d’etat? Your local nightspot, of course! Over his own blistering, bass-driven boardwork, the man who brought us Wax On Wax Off issues an overdriven/Auto-tuned call to action, urging those who are “sick and tired” of how things are going to shake off their inhibitions and dance their troubles away. This track’s body-moving appeal can’t be denied, but is it fresh enough to turn the music game upside-down, as Kovas’ seems determined to do? That, my comrades, is for you to decide. If you’re digging it, you’ll most definitely want to keep it locked for the latest on his It Only Takes a Few to Start a Revolution street album, set to hit the ‘net ”soon.”
Written by richard on 08/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go That Route" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.