Drawing from a variety of influences, Kovasciar Myvette (better known as Kovas) has created a sound all his own; he calls it “Ghetto Beat.” The rapper, who grew up in Brooklyn and is of Spanish and French decent, first appeared on the De La Soul record Words and Verbs, as both a writer and co-producer. At the time, he was only 17. Now, older and more skilled, Kovas has released his own project, entitled Worldwide Renewal Program, for which he wrote and produced every song. On Go That Route, a funky track that incorporates a potpourri of instruments, the foreign born talent perfectly illustrates his “Ghetto Beat” sound. Inspired by rock, soul, and hip-hop, Kovas’s sound is both refreshing and unique.
Listen to More: Kovas
Written by Amanda S. on 07/20/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wax On Wax Off" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.