Drawing from a variety of influences, Kovasciar Myvette (better known as Kovas) has created a sound all his own; he calls it “Ghetto Beat.” The rapper, who grew up in Brooklyn and is of Spanish and French decent, first appeared on the De La Soul record Words and Verbs, as both a writer and co-producer. At the time, he was only 17. Now, older and more skilled, Kovas has released his own project, entitled Worldwide Renewal Program, for which he wrote and produced every song. On Go That Route, a funky track that incorporates a potpourri of instruments, the foreign born talent perfectly illustrates his “Ghetto Beat” sound. Inspired by rock, soul, and hip-hop, Kovas’s sound is both refreshing and unique.
Written by Amanda S. on 07/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wax On Wax Off" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.