Drawing from a variety of influences, Kovasciar Myvette (better known as Kovas) has created a sound all his own; he calls it “Ghetto Beat.” The rapper, who grew up in Brooklyn and is of Spanish and French decent, first appeared on the De La Soul record Words and Verbs, as both a writer and co-producer. At the time, he was only 17. Now, older and more skilled, Kovas has released his own project, entitled Worldwide Renewal Program, for which he wrote and produced every song. On Go That Route, a funky track that incorporates a potpourri of instruments, the foreign born talent perfectly illustrates his “Ghetto Beat” sound. Inspired by rock, soul, and hip-hop, Kovas’s sound is both refreshing and unique.
Listen to More: Kovas
Written by Amanda S. on 07/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wax On Wax Off" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.