Drawing from a variety of influences, Kovasciar Myvette (better known as Kovas) has created a sound all his own; he calls it “Ghetto Beat.” The rapper, who grew up in Brooklyn and is of Spanish and French decent, first appeared on the De La Soul record Words and Verbs, as both a writer and co-producer. At the time, he was only 17. Now, older and more skilled, Kovas has released his own project, entitled Worldwide Renewal Program, for which he wrote and produced every song. On Go That Route, a funky track that incorporates a potpourri of instruments, the foreign born talent perfectly illustrates his “Ghetto Beat” sound. Inspired by rock, soul, and hip-hop, Kovas’s sound is both refreshing and unique.
Written by Amanda S. on 07/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wax On Wax Off" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.