Update: We have added the Johnny J. Jones-directed visual for Elevate.
Quite often an emcee will release new material that makes every other emcee want to be better; call it the Control effect. Or maybe “the Kourvioisier effect” would be more apropos because, after listening the rhymesayer’s latest effort, a DJBooth-exclusive world premiere, the competition will definitely feel the need to Elevate their game. Speaking of elevation, Dre Rubio‘s beat sounds like it was created somewhere up among the clouds; it has a floating, airy vibe thanks to the producer’s use of staggered strings. In contrast to the fluffy beat, Kourvioisier’s voice is crisp and deep-pitched, but his fluid delivery helps bridge the tonal gap. Elevate is the first single off Kourvioisier’s forthcoming project, The Critique, due out later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/13/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.