Update: We have added the Johnny J. Jones-directed visual for Elevate.
Quite often an emcee will release new material that makes every other emcee want to be better; call it the Control effect. Or maybe “the Kourvioisier effect” would be more apropos because, after listening the rhymesayer’s latest effort, a DJBooth-exclusive world premiere, the competition will definitely feel the need to Elevate their game. Speaking of elevation, Dre Rubio‘s beat sounds like it was created somewhere up among the clouds; it has a floating, airy vibe thanks to the producer’s use of staggered strings. In contrast to the fluffy beat, Kourvioisier’s voice is crisp and deep-pitched, but his fluid delivery helps bridge the tonal gap. Elevate is the first single off Kourvioisier’s forthcoming project, The Critique, due out later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/13/14
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.