Update: We have added the Johnny J. Jones-directed visual for Elevate.
Quite often an emcee will release new material that makes every other emcee want to be better; call it the Control effect. Or maybe “the Kourvioisier effect” would be more apropos because, after listening the rhymesayer’s latest effort, a DJBooth-exclusive world premiere, the competition will definitely feel the need to Elevate their game. Speaking of elevation, Dre Rubio‘s beat sounds like it was created somewhere up among the clouds; it has a floating, airy vibe thanks to the producer’s use of staggered strings. In contrast to the fluffy beat, Kourvioisier’s voice is crisp and deep-pitched, but his fluid delivery helps bridge the tonal gap. Elevate is the first single off Kourvioisier’s forthcoming project, The Critique, due out later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.