Update: We have added the Johnny J. Jones-directed visual for Elevate.
Quite often an emcee will release new material that makes every other emcee want to be better; call it the Control effect. Or maybe “the Kourvioisier effect” would be more apropos because, after listening the rhymesayer’s latest effort, a DJBooth-exclusive world premiere, the competition will definitely feel the need to Elevate their game. Speaking of elevation, Dre Rubio‘s beat sounds like it was created somewhere up among the clouds; it has a floating, airy vibe thanks to the producer’s use of staggered strings. In contrast to the fluffy beat, Kourvioisier’s voice is crisp and deep-pitched, but his fluid delivery helps bridge the tonal gap. Elevate is the first single off Kourvioisier’s forthcoming project, The Critique, due out later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/13/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.