Update: We have added the Johnny J. Jones-directed visual for Elevate.
Quite often an emcee will release new material that makes every other emcee want to be better; call it the Control effect. Or maybe “the Kourvioisier effect” would be more apropos because, after listening the rhymesayer’s latest effort, a DJBooth-exclusive world premiere, the competition will definitely feel the need to Elevate their game. Speaking of elevation, Dre Rubio‘s beat sounds like it was created somewhere up among the clouds; it has a floating, airy vibe thanks to the producer’s use of staggered strings. In contrast to the fluffy beat, Kourvioisier’s voice is crisp and deep-pitched, but his fluid delivery helps bridge the tonal gap. Elevate is the first single off Kourvioisier’s forthcoming project, The Critique, due out later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.