Revolution is in the air, my friends – and I’m not talking about the stale rhetoric wafting from FOX News’ resident rabblerousers. No, this popular movement is being spearheaded by Chi-Town hip-hop trio Ko*Starz. Back on our front page following a six-month absence, Young Starr, K. Rich and R. Dott make their entrance into the political arena with Revolt, leak numero uno off their forthcoming street album. Over Booth-approved beatsmith Slot-A‘s appropriately fiery, retro-informed synth boardwork, the Starz deliver a soulfully outraged tirade against the U.S. war machine, asking the tough (if obvious) question, “Why send more soldiers in, when we don’t even know if we’re going to win?” Even if you’re not quite ready to grab your pitchforks/torches and march on Capitol Hill, the track’s sentiment is a refreshing one. And, hey, maybe it’ll convince those “Tea Party Rappers” to step their game up (‘cause seriously guys, this is neither fresh nor dope). If you like what you’re hearing, you can find plenty more warm-weather jams on the Starz’ Summer Solstice mixtape, set to drop before the season’s end
Written by richard on 06/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Text Message" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.