With the music industry headed towards a digital-only era, artists must learn to take advantage of the rapidly changing culture in music. For instance, Chicago rap group Ko*Starz, who have been compared to (and endorsed by) fellow hometown acts The Cool Kids and Gym Class Heroes, noticed that they received a flirty New Text Message… and it’s from your girlfriend! Similar in content to The-Dream‘s I Luv Your Girl (but far less guilt-inducing), this P-Dott produced single should be a hit among teenage trendsters. If pop hits aren’t your style, though, you may still want to check out what what else these Midwestern boys have to offer on their debut album, Let’s Go, currently set for release sometime this year.
Written by Burmy on 06/25/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Neighbor" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.