With the music industry headed towards a digital-only era, artists must learn to take advantage of the rapidly changing culture in music. For instance, Chicago rap group Ko*Starz, who have been compared to (and endorsed by) fellow hometown acts The Cool Kids and Gym Class Heroes, noticed that they received a flirty New Text Message… and it’s from your girlfriend! Similar in content to The-Dream‘s I Luv Your Girl (but far less guilt-inducing), this P-Dott produced single should be a hit among teenage trendsters. If pop hits aren’t your style, though, you may still want to check out what what else these Midwestern boys have to offer on their debut album, Let’s Go, currently set for release sometime this year.
Written by Burmy on 06/25/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Neighbor" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.