With the music industry headed towards a digital-only era, artists must learn to take advantage of the rapidly changing culture in music. For instance, Chicago rap group Ko*Starz, who have been compared to (and endorsed by) fellow hometown acts The Cool Kids and Gym Class Heroes, noticed that they received a flirty New Text Message… and it’s from your girlfriend! Similar in content to The-Dream‘s I Luv Your Girl (but far less guilt-inducing), this P-Dott produced single should be a hit among teenage trendsters. If pop hits aren’t your style, though, you may still want to check out what what else these Midwestern boys have to offer on their debut album, Let’s Go, currently set for release sometime this year.
Written by Burmy on 06/25/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Neighbor" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.