With the music industry headed towards a digital-only era, artists must learn to take advantage of the rapidly changing culture in music. For instance, Chicago rap group Ko*Starz, who have been compared to (and endorsed by) fellow hometown acts The Cool Kids and Gym Class Heroes, noticed that they received a flirty New Text Message… and it’s from your girlfriend! Similar in content to The-Dream‘s I Luv Your Girl (but far less guilt-inducing), this P-Dott produced single should be a hit among teenage trendsters. If pop hits aren’t your style, though, you may still want to check out what what else these Midwestern boys have to offer on their debut album, Let’s Go, currently set for release sometime this year.
Written by Burmy on 06/25/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Neighbor" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.