On the final single off his seventh studio album, Bad, Michael Jackson sang the praises of a Liberian Girl who came along and changed his world (just like in a movie!). Though Young Starr, K. Rich, and R. Dott of Ko*Starz are considerably less choosy when it comes to females’ countries of origin, they’re not about to pass up a chance to pay homage to the late, great King of Pop—on mixtape track My Favorite Girl, making its exclusive world premiere right here in the Booth, the Chi-town hip-hopsters take inspiration from the pop icon’s ‘89 single as they sing/rap the praises of ladies across the globe, whether hailing from Liberia, Nigeria, Australia or America. Like several MJ-inspired records we’ve featured since the legend’s untimely passing, this isn’t a “tribute record” per se, but R. Dott’s reinterpretation of the original’s instrumental, along with the trio’s fresh, often-hilarious rhymes, add up to a catchy track sure to evoke fond memories among the singer’s many devotees. Fans can find this cut, Jet Black Jetta (also premiered in the Booth), and much more on the DJBooth.net-cosponsored Phone Home Vol. 2: Back to the Future mixtape, set to drop August 18th.
Written by richard on 07/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Text Message" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.