When I think “Volkswagon Jetta,” the first thing that pops into my head is “horrifying car accident” (remember those kinda traumatizing “Safe Happens” ads from a few years back?); the second thing that pops into my head, though, is “attractive women”—for whatever reason, young females just seem to gravitate toward it more than any other vehicle. On this newly-released promo single, making its official online premiere at DJBooth.net, Young Starr, K Rich, and R.Dott of Ko*Starz play off the latter association, describing their white-knuckle attempts to get with a certain Jet Black Jetta-driving shorty. Producer D.O.P.E. Sunny contributes a sparse, midtempo percussion-and-vocal sample beat, while The Cool Kids’ Mikey Rocks steps up to the mic to give his own risque take on the topic on the middle verse. If you’ve got a taste for that stark, Chi-town style, or simply need a soundtrack for summertime tail-chasing, JBJ is your jam—if that’s the case, be sure to pick up the track on iTunes in July, as well as grabbing a copy of their Phone Home Vol 2 : Back to the Future mixtape when it hits the ‘net this August.
Written by richard on 06/24/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Text Message" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)