When I think “Volkswagon Jetta,” the first thing that pops into my head is “horrifying car accident” (remember those kinda traumatizing “Safe Happens” ads from a few years back?); the second thing that pops into my head, though, is “attractive women”—for whatever reason, young females just seem to gravitate toward it more than any other vehicle. On this newly-released promo single, making its official online premiere at DJBooth.net, Young Starr, K Rich, and R.Dott of Ko*Starz play off the latter association, describing their white-knuckle attempts to get with a certain Jet Black Jetta-driving shorty. Producer D.O.P.E. Sunny contributes a sparse, midtempo percussion-and-vocal sample beat, while The Cool Kids’ Mikey Rocks steps up to the mic to give his own risque take on the topic on the middle verse. If you’ve got a taste for that stark, Chi-town style, or simply need a soundtrack for summertime tail-chasing, JBJ is your jam—if that’s the case, be sure to pick up the track on iTunes in July, as well as grabbing a copy of their Phone Home Vol 2 : Back to the Future mixtape when it hits the ‘net this August.
Written by richard on 06/24/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Text Message" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.