I’m sure all of you have experienced writer’s block. Nothing is more frustrating than sitting down to pen something and simply being unable to make the words come out. I thought that Booth newcomer Kosi shared in my feelings, as his latest is called Writers Block Pt. 1. After listening to the record, however, I find it hard to imagine him at a loss for words. You can tell by his confident, relentless style that he rarely, if ever, has trouble thinking of things to say. Backed by a high-octane Stephen Litombe beat powered by a piercing string section, Kosi delivers lines like, “Kill your favorite rapper while he in his prime / he ain’t Optimus,” in a raw, aggressive flow. If the Georgia newcomer’s sparked your interest with this cut, you’ll be able to find more on his upcoming mixtape, OutTheBox.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/26/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.