If you’re not in the mood for some soul-searching, you may want to save Kosha Dillz’ new single for later. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. With that out of the way, solo Booth debut All These Years finds the Jersey native grappling with the bitterest of bitter truths; spurred to thought by the death of a friend, he reflects upon the fact that everyone he knows and loves will someday be gone – and he’s not so young anymore himself. Supported by the reverent yet tuneful sample work of Shuko & Fonty and the understated guest vocals of Mojo Hannah, the emcee ponders love and loss, reminiscing about a middle-school crush who’s getting ready to tie the knot and wondering how he’ll hold up when his father passes away. Painful as the journey is, he concludes on a positive note, resolving to reconnect with the people he cares about before it’s too late. Listeners who appreciate this insightful cut can find more food for thought on Dillz’ Gina and the Garage Sale EP, coming later this month. Fans in the South can also catch him on the last leg of his Give Me Five tour, whose proceeds go to Tiptina’s Foundation – a charity which purchases musical instruments for New Orleans schoolchildren.
Written by richard on 03/3/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Aliens Song" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.