If you’re not in the mood for some soul-searching, you may want to save Kosha Dillz’ new single for later. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. With that out of the way, solo Booth debut All These Years finds the Jersey native grappling with the bitterest of bitter truths; spurred to thought by the death of a friend, he reflects upon the fact that everyone he knows and loves will someday be gone – and he’s not so young anymore himself. Supported by the reverent yet tuneful sample work of Shuko & Fonty and the understated guest vocals of Mojo Hannah, the emcee ponders love and loss, reminiscing about a middle-school crush who’s getting ready to tie the knot and wondering how he’ll hold up when his father passes away. Painful as the journey is, he concludes on a positive note, resolving to reconnect with the people he cares about before it’s too late. Listeners who appreciate this insightful cut can find more food for thought on Dillz’ Gina and the Garage Sale EP, coming later this month. Fans in the South can also catch him on the last leg of his Give Me Five tour, whose proceeds go to Tiptina’s Foundation – a charity which purchases musical instruments for New Orleans schoolchildren.
Written by richard on 03/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Aliens Song" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.