Forget the powers, the gadgets and the ridiculous costumes; the true measure of a hero is the quality of his theme music. With the December 2011 release of Kosha Dillz’ Super Jew Anthem, Leedz Edutainment‘s own Sly Young (best known for hosting the label’s shows in Boston) joined the illustrious ranks of Superman, Batman, Spiderman and The Tick, but something was still missing—namely, the visuals. Today, we’re proud to present the record along with the Booth-exclusive world premiere of director D. Gomez’ official video. Here, Falside‘s head-noddable bass-percussion beat bangs in the back as the L.A.-by-way-of-Jersey emcee delivers verses packed with tongue-in-cheek braggadocio (“Combination superstar and a Jewish Star of David / Yeah, every bar is sacred.”) and subcultural allusions (JDate.com gets a shout-out). Meanwhile, the visuals feature Kosha and Sly kicking it at various Hebraic hotspots throughout Brookline, Massachusetts. Fans can find this jam and much more on Leedz Edutainment‘s The Write Off, Vol. 3 compilation, released late last year and available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All These Years" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.