Forget the powers, the gadgets and the ridiculous costumes; the true measure of a hero is the quality of his theme music. With the December 2011 release of Kosha Dillz’ Super Jew Anthem, Leedz Edutainment‘s own Sly Young (best known for hosting the label’s shows in Boston) joined the illustrious ranks of Superman, Batman, Spiderman and The Tick, but something was still missing—namely, the visuals. Today, we’re proud to present the record along with the Booth-exclusive world premiere of director D. Gomez’ official video. Here, Falside‘s head-noddable bass-percussion beat bangs in the back as the L.A.-by-way-of-Jersey emcee delivers verses packed with tongue-in-cheek braggadocio (“Combination superstar and a Jewish Star of David / Yeah, every bar is sacred.”) and subcultural allusions (JDate.com gets a shout-out). Meanwhile, the visuals feature Kosha and Sly kicking it at various Hebraic hotspots throughout Brookline, Massachusetts. Fans can find this jam and much more on Leedz Edutainment‘s The Write Off, Vol. 3 compilation, released late last year and available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All These Years" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)