Every four years the summer Olympics serve as a two-week long event filled with triumph, unity, and excitement. Despite the huge successes of the most recent Olympic games, the international competition has not always boasted such a flowery history. Most recently, in 1996, two attendees were killed in Atlanta’s Centennial Olympic Park following a bombing and years prior in 1972, 11 Israeli athletes and coaches were murdered in what is referred to as the “Munich Massacre.” On the 40th anniversary of this atrocity American Israeli rapper Kosha Dillz has released Munich 72, a record which he penned six years ago in remembrance of the Israeli athletes killed in ‘72. Dillz takes an interesting approach on Munich 72 as he recounts the assassination of those involved in the massacre thanks to “Operation Wrath Of God.” Production from Shemspeed keeps the record contemplative as the producer combines strings with operatic background vocals. While Munich 72 isn’t attached to any larger project from Dillz, the emcee’s The Jet Lag EP, which was released here at the DJBooth, is currently available for free stream and download.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All These Years" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.