Every four years the summer Olympics serve as a two-week long event filled with triumph, unity, and excitement. Despite the huge successes of the most recent Olympic games, the international competition has not always boasted such a flowery history. Most recently, in 1996, two attendees were killed in Atlanta’s Centennial Olympic Park following a bombing and years prior in 1972, 11 Israeli athletes and coaches were murdered in what is referred to as the “Munich Massacre.” On the 40th anniversary of this atrocity American Israeli rapper Kosha Dillz has released Munich 72, a record which he penned six years ago in remembrance of the Israeli athletes killed in ‘72. Dillz takes an interesting approach on Munich 72 as he recounts the assassination of those involved in the massacre thanks to “Operation Wrath Of God.” Production from Shemspeed keeps the record contemplative as the producer combines strings with operatic background vocals. While Munich 72 isn’t attached to any larger project from Dillz, the emcee’s The Jet Lag EP, which was released here at the DJBooth, is currently available for free stream and download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All These Years" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!