Every four years the summer Olympics serve as a two-week long event filled with triumph, unity, and excitement. Despite the huge successes of the most recent Olympic games, the international competition has not always boasted such a flowery history. Most recently, in 1996, two attendees were killed in Atlanta’s Centennial Olympic Park following a bombing and years prior in 1972, 11 Israeli athletes and coaches were murdered in what is referred to as the “Munich Massacre.” On the 40th anniversary of this atrocity American Israeli rapper Kosha Dillz has released Munich 72, a record which he penned six years ago in remembrance of the Israeli athletes killed in ‘72. Dillz takes an interesting approach on Munich 72 as he recounts the assassination of those involved in the massacre thanks to “Operation Wrath Of God.” Production from Shemspeed keeps the record contemplative as the producer combines strings with operatic background vocals. While Munich 72 isn’t attached to any larger project from Dillz, the emcee’s The Jet Lag EP, which was released here at the DJBooth, is currently available for free stream and download.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All These Years" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.