Though Kosha Dillz’ last Booth feature, All These Years, won high praise for the rapper’s poignant treatment of time and mortality, a whole EP’s worth of reflection on life’s hardest existential questions might be a little too harrowing for everyday listening. Wisely, the Jersey native’s elected to season his latest project with some lighter – not to mention weirder – fare. The morbid opening line/hook aside (“Greetings, we’re all gonna die”), new single The Aliens Song is pure brain candy, with Shuko & Fonty ‘s sparse synths setting the stage for unhinged punchline lyricism from an ensemble cast of underground flamespitters. United by a love for off-the-wall wordplay and extraterrestrial eccentricity, Kosha, Homeboy Sandman, MC Lars and Blue Scholars member Geo drop bars that run the gamut from cleverly absurd to hilariously juvenile (“Interrupting fart!”). In light of the two singles featured thus far…I have absolutely no clue what you can expect from Dillz’ new Gina & the Garage Sale EP. Guess you’ll just have to mosey on down to iTunes and find out for yourself!
Written by richard on 03/31/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All These Years" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)